- Dial 911 for crime or safety issues
- Dial 211 for social services including help with food, housing, employment, health care, counseling and more
- Catholic Charities - 856-4494
If You Have Been Abused or Victimized by Someone Representing the Catholic Church:
Report Hotline (716) 895-3010
Please believe in the possibility for hope and healing. We encourage you to come forward and speak out. The victim assistance coordinator is available to obtain support for your needs, to help you make a formal complaint of abuse and to arrange a personal meeting with the bishop or his representative, if you desire. The victim assistance coordinator for the Diocese of Buffalo is:
Ms. MaryAnn Deibel-Braun
412 Niagara Street
Buffalo, NY 14201
Available Social Services:
- FISH of East Aurora can provide assistance with food, clothing, toys, etc. Call 652-7272.
- Going Places provides transportation services for seniors needing rides to medical appointments. When availability permits, transportation for personal business such as grocery stores, banks and legal assistance appointments can also be provided. Contact 858-4133.
- Meals on Wheels can provide a warm meal for qualifying individuals. Call 822-2022 for an application and in-home assessment.
- Rural Transit can provide transportation to those 62 or older, disabled individuals of any age, and low income families (HUD guidelines). A wheelchair van is available. Contact 652-2527.